DevOps Team Lead (FinTech/Cryptocurrency)
We are an American-based remote company, looking to hire a DevOps Team Lead to join their exciting remote team. They are one of the first movers in bringing Cryptocurrency to the masses in Africa and the Middle East.
As the DevOps Team Lead you will be part of the platform engineering team and will partner with engineers to ensure scalability and reliability is designed and implemented from the start in our products. On a day to day you will ensure that we can continuously deploy highly available and scalable services that can be used by millions of customers each day
Job Type: Full-Time |Remote
- 2+ years of experience leading software developers or site reliability engineers building customer-facing software applications or site reliability tools.
- Experience with distributed, scalable microservice-based architectures.
- In-depth knowledge of AWS architecture and services (Serverless, AWS Lambda, AWS API Gateway, DynamoDB, CloudFormation, MQTT, S3, Route 53, Github Actions, Cloudwatch).
- In-depth understanding and working experience with CI/CD principles & practices.
- Solid grasp of performance monitoring methodologies and tools for AWS services.
- Extensive experience with Linux operating systems.
- Experience leading solutions and design discussions, communicating roadmaps, and mentoring others.
- Exposure to Agile / Scrum / Kanban development methodologies.
- Experience with large scale production environments and infrastructure.
- Establish trust with senior leaders and business by aligning your priorities with theirs, providing timely, accurate, and succinct status updates, and helping others when needed.
- Ensure application uptime and performance by implementing and using extensive metrics to identify issues before they impact our customers.
- Establish end-to-end monitoring and alerting on all critical aspects of the system to ensure SLAs are met as well as provide proactive notifications of possible issues for all systems.
- Participate in service capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis and system tuning.
- Identify underlying root causes and provide recommendations or solutions for long term permanent fixes to critical production issues.
- Evaluate problems or opportunities, architect the right solutions, lead production implementations, and handle our critical services
If this sounds like the perfect job opportunity then apply today!