Yellow Card Financial is a Financial Technology (FinTech) startup focused on building a new financial infrastructure for the African continent. Yellow Card is lowering barriers, removing fees and providing greater access to financial services. Together, we are building products and services that fulfill our mission of “financial inclusion for all”. Yellow Card is looking to hire a Product Owner to join the team.
The company’s vision strives to form a committed team of forward-thinkers who collectively create a supportive, welcoming and highly innovative environment for all.
As a Product Owner you will be responsible for managing a portfolio of product-segment based pods and the corresponding product deliveries. Product Owners sit in the engineering org. and work alongside Engineering Management to own specific product silos and features being released.
Who are you?
- You are a clear communicator, eager to collaborate, exchange knowledge, have a deep passion for helping others and enjoy working in a fast paced environment.
- You’re a problem solver who sees the deeper issue below the superficial symptoms.
- You are committed to equity and inclusion, and eager to work with a team that cultivates and celebrates diversity.
Yellow Card is one of the fastest growing cryptocurrency exchange companies in Africa and is aiming to make cryptocurrency accessible to everyone on the continent. We recently announced a $15M Series A fundraise, the largest by an African cryptocurrency exchange, which was backed by some of the biggest names in the industry.
Work Type: Remote
Skills and Requirements:
- +5 years of experience in a Product Ownership role
- Direct experience in the FinTech/Crypto industry – advantageous
- A knack for understanding customer needs and translating them into amazing products
- Analytical and meticulous – can easily find the edge cases when developing business requirements
- Experience working with product development teams
- Exceptional written and in-person communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines under pressure
- Attention to detail and the tenacity to make sure quality standards are high
- Manage the product development lifecycle, from working with product design through to delivery of the final product
- Owning the product backlog, aligning and prioritizing backlog items to align to the company’s vision, strategy, impact and customer requirements
- Define acceptance criteria and critical metrics that define success of a product solution, and continue to monitor throughout the product’s lifecycle
- Take on a leadership role within product development teams
- User-acceptance testing of feature updates and changes
- Drive product launches including working with PR/ marketing team, executives, and other relevant stakeholders
- Stakeholder communication including product, marketing and customer service
- Create and maintain documentation for product features and changes
- Competitive Salary
- Health insurance options
- Opportunity to work with a distributed, global team
- Full Access to Udemy Business
- Fully remote or access to co-working space
- Employee Stock Options
- Opportunity to travel
Do we spark your interest? Then send us your CV today!