We're looking to hire a Technical Team Lead to join our fast growing Engineering division and lead One of our Engineering PODs. We are one of the first movers in bringing Cryptocurrency to the masses.
As the Technical Team lead of one of our POD’s you will be tasked with promoting collaboration and ensuring successful delivery of projects within your team . We are looking for someone who has experience with our tech stack within an agile delivery philosophy.
The ideal candidate is a clear communicator, who is highly self-motivated, eager to collaborate and exchange knowledge, apply new skills and pitch in for whatever the team needs to ship new code. Previously experience within the FinTech/Crypto space is a great advantage.
Yellow Card is one of the fastest growing cryptocurrency exchange companies in Africa and is aiming to make cryptocurrency accessible to everyone on the continent. We recently announced a $40M Series B fundraise, the largest by an African cryptocurrency exchange, which was backed by some of the biggest names in the industry.
Our technology stack includes: NodeJS, Typescript, VueJS, Serverless Framework, AWS Lambda, DynamoDB, AWS SQS, AWS IoT, AWS EC2, ELK Stack, Jest, Flutter and more.
- Lead the team members in scoping, estimating and delivering product features and fixes in time and with quality.
- building enablement for integrations and tooling on the internal admin panel.
- Ensure new automated country launches are functional and meet set country team requirements.
- Set technical direction for implementation of features, tooling and automation.
- Provide guidance to team members and assist in breaking down requirements as well as clearing blockers to aid work delivery.
- Communicate effectively to cross functional teams and stakeholders regarding work delivery and status.
- Plan, supervise and document work delivery.
- Champion and advocate adherence for internal coding standards, development processes, and design best practices.
- Ensure quality by performing thorough testing and leveraging peer reviews for your work and the work of cross functional teams
- Promote collaboration and engagement to ensure the team continues to ship high quality code fast.
- Embrace and demonstrate our values: craft for our customers, data driven, embracing diversity, creativity and independence.
- Write and maintain clean, maintainable, and well-tested code for the future (and present) of the company’s platform
- You have experience planning and prioritizing work, identifying dependencies, facilitating technical decisions and documenting results.
- You can support and mentor your team while also being able to deliver your work independently.
- You can collaborate closely with the product team, customer support, security and other stakeholders and sponsors to understand tooling requirements as well as country launch decisions
- You can lead by example and have strong communication and interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- +6 years of work experience as a full stack engineer/developer where +2 in a Senior Engineering position.
- Strong experience working in AWS cloud architecture
- Experience in Serverless Framework is advantageous
Key Soft Skills:
- Verbal communication skills, including presentation skills, with an ability to communicate with a range of technical and non-technical team members and other relevant individuals.
- Time-management and organisational skills to manage a variety of tasks and meet deadlines.
- The ability to multitask and prioritise your workload.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- An ability to work under pressure, particularly when dealing with threats and at times of high demand.
- Exude your upbeat energy and enthusiasm each and every day to motivate your team to be the best they can in every aspect of what they do
- Celebrate the success of others by recognising the contributions of committed team members and their achievements
- Communicate in a fashion that is respectful and well understood
- Collaborate with your peers to collectively think of innovative ideas that drive business through technology
- Build and utilise working relationships with internal business partners across the organisation and external business contacts
Do we spark your interest? Then send us your CV today!